Why use CLOSER Discovery?CLOSER Discovery is a user-friendly resource for locating the variables that best suit your research interests, and testing their robustness. A search on CLOSER Discovery will show you:
- relevant survey questions and variables, which you can filter by study, topic and life stage
- the original question the variables are based on
- where questions appeared in the survey, including complete routing
- the sources of derived variables (but not the derivation methodology)
- an overview of each variable, including valid and invalid cases; maximum, minimum and mean values; and in many cases, a frequency count
- how to access the data from each study.