COVID-19 Wave 6
Professor Michaela Benzeval
Institute for Social & Economic Research, University of Essex
The Understanding Society COVID-19 Study 2020 is a monthly survey of households in the UK. The aim of the study is to enable research on the socio-economic and health consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic, in the short and long term. Participants complete one survey a month, which includes core content designed to track changes, alongside variable content adapted each month as the coronavirus situation develops. This is the sixth of the monthly surveys which started in November 2020 and complements the annual interviews of the Understanding Society study.
Participants from the main Understanding Society sample were asked to complete a short web-survey. The survey covered; the changing impact of the pandemic on the welfare of UK individuals, families and wider communities. A telephone interview was offered to respondents who wish to take part but who live in a household where no-one is a regular internet user. An additional youth questionnaire that was sent to 10-15 year-olds.
Study website: www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/topic/covid-19
- COVID-19 Wave 6 Data from the individual interview - Telephone Dataset
- COVID-19 Wave 6 Data from the individual interview Dataset
- COVID-19 Wave 6 Information about respondents' school age children - Telephone Dataset
- COVID-19 Wave 6 Information about respondents' school age children Dataset
- COVID-19 Wave 6 Youth self completion questionnaire data Dataset