- Parent Belief a). Babies should be picked up whenever they cry.
- Parent Belief b). It is important to develop a regular pattern of feeding and sleeping with a baby.
- Parent Belief c). Babies should be fed whenever they are hungry.
- Parent Belief d). Babies need to be stimulated if they are to develop well.
- Parent Belief e). Babies need quiet secure surroundings.
- Parent Belief f). Parents need to adapt their lives to the baby.
- Parent Belief g). A baby should fit into the parent�s routine.
- Parent Belief h). Babies should be left to develop naturally.
- Parent Belief i). Talking, to even a very young baby, is important.
- Parent Belief j). Cuddling a baby is very important.
- GROOMa: I stroke my baby�s tummy.
- GROOMb: I stroke my baby�s back.
- GROOMc: I stroke my baby�s arms or legs.
- GROOMd: I talk to my baby.
- GROOMe: I cuddle my baby.
- GROOMf: I hold my baby.
- GROOMg: I leave her/him to play alone.
- GROOMh: I read to my baby.
- GROOMi: I play with my baby.
- ROPVa: He really enjoys this baby.
- ROPVb: He would really have preferred that we had not had this baby when we did.
- ROPVc: He likes to play with the baby.
- ROPVd: He is confident with the baby.
- ROPVe: He takes great pleasure in watching the baby develop.
- ROPVf: He really cannot bear it when the baby cries.
- ROPVg: He dislikes the mess that surrounds the baby.
- ROPVh: I trust him alone with the baby.
- ROPVi: He takes an active part in bringing up the baby