Welcome. This appears to be your first visit. Click the button below to take a quick tour.
Search and browse questionnaires and data from the UK’s leading longitudinal studies.
If you are new to CLOSER Discovery we recommend you follow the quick tour.
Read more about CLOSER Discovery or take a look at the FAQs or How-to guides to get started.
Not all of the information you need may be included in Discovery yet, please see the content page for an up to date list. The studies also collect genetic data, which isn’t listed within CLOSER Discovery yet. For more information please see the summary genetics table.
We encourage you to help shape the site to best meet your needs by providing feedback.
Explore the questions and variables by topic. Topics are indexed using social science (HASSET) and medical (MeSH) terms. Find out more about the funders, data collectors and study populations.COVID-19 variables and questions
Overview of the studies and their sweeps:
- Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children
- 1970 British Cohort Study
- Health and Employment After Fifty
- Hertfordshire Cohort Study
- Millennium Cohort Study
- 1958 National Child Development Study
- Next Steps
- MRC National Survey of Health and Development
- Southampton Women’s Survey
- Understanding Society
- Wirral Child Health and Development Study
Copyright © 2022 CLOSER. View licence agreement.